In order to help commemorate a loved one’s life, we will plant a Memory Tree to serve as a living tribute that could stand for hundreds of years! Sometimes called a Sympathy Tree, it will be planted near our secluded Scattering Garden in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. You may choose an evergreen or deciduous tree.
Plant a Tree in Memory
Planting a tree in memory of someone can be a special way to honor him or her; your Memory Tree will serve as a beautiful remembrance of their life.
We will respectfully scatter the ashes during the planting process, and place an engraved and personalize memorial stone beneath his or her Memory Tree. A Memory Tree can also be planted without the ashes of a loved one. For some families, they simply want a living memorial to stand for their loved one. And we will place a memory stone below, to serve as a testament to the family’s love and reverence.
If you choose to reserve a memorial tree with ash scattering, our process follows a few simple steps.
- Book this service with us. We’ll keep it in our records. Also, we’ll give you information to store with your important end-of-life documents.
- When both sets of ashes are ready, your designated person will contact us.
- We’ll ship a package to them with all of the necessary packing materials. This also includes instructions for packing and shipping.
- Your designated person will ship the package to us, following the instructions
- Once we receive the package, we will scatter both ashes together with a memorial tree.
- Upon release, we’ll send a certificate of release back with the date of release and the exact location of your tree.
You can Rest Ashured knowing your final wishes have been planned and recorded.